Many, many months ago (over a year) an old, orphaned armchair joined my inventory... and there it sat while I waited for inspiration to strike.
I've used dropcloth for upholstery before with great results so using a stenciled dropcloth was definitely an option. I really like the grain sack look but I didn't have one and whenever I looked online, they were expensive! So recently when I went to a local antique show, I was excited when I found a vendor there who had two sacks in good shape.
More than a year later, I finally knew what I wanted to do with this chair!
The frame of the chair is painted with HM chalk paint using a mistint from Behr. The seat and back of the chair are upholstered with black/white ticking.
Love the final look.
Post a Comment